Today, someone gave me a fortune cookie and this is what it said: "Your happy heart brings joy and peace where there is none".
Now it's not that I believe that things like fortunes and such are true, but it did get me thinking a bit. I have been really caught up in myself lately. I've been caught up in my problems, my feelings, and things that consumed me both out of happiness and disappointment. I think that's what happens to a lot of people. We go about our daily lives worrying about our own issues or being so infatuated with the things that are going right that we forget to just stop and acknowledge the life that's happening around us. We forget to call our buddies that we haven't talked to in forever, congratulate friends for their successes, and even to respond to a message that would take 5 seconds to answer.
So tonight, I took some time to make some wrongs right and make the effort to reach out to some people that I just haven't taken the time to connect with. I'm a fan of the golden rule, so I believe that if you treat people with the respect in which you want to be treated, the world will be a happier place!
Quote of the day: “Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness: kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile.” – Mother Teresa
No comments:
Post a Comment