Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Somewhere



I just got back from The Porch. It's a young adult service of sorts that they have every Tuesday at this church I go to sometimes. I'm always glad when I make the decision to attend. I feel refreshed and reflective afterwards and it's a good midweek pause. Tonight was a little different because Jason Castro did a concert as a kick-off event for the new year. He does a cover of two of my most favorite songs ever, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and "Hallelujah". It was good stuff.

Have you ever had an experience where something hasn't worked out at all how you wanted it to, but no matter what the outcome you are still glad it happened? I think those are the things that make you keep on pushing and hoping that the next thing will be just as good or better. Sometimes, I think they also hold you back.


Quote of the day:
"I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah"

No comments:

Post a Comment