An attempt at sharing and appreciating the little things in life by capturing moments in writing daily...enjoy!
Thursday, October 11, 2012
Here I am
Today is my 2 year anniversary at my job, and it got me thinking... SO much has changed, but so much has stayed the same.
Anniversaries make me think about dates, and dates about time. I'm in my "late" twenties now. How did that happen? What happened to yesterday? Wasn't I just graduating from college or dancing on football fields or playing with dolls? How does it all go by so fast?
I can't help but feel blessed and lost all at the same time. Aren't we supposed to have things all figured out by now? How did my mother have two children under the age of 10 at my age? Where is my husband and 2 kids with a house in the suburbs with my cute little dog? Do I even want those things? Is it sad that it feels so far away that I can't even imagine it? That all seems so boring to me right now...at least the suburbs part. Am I just not ready for that right now, or will I never be ready? Do people get ready or does it just happen one day?
Maybe this city has changed me, maybe being single has changed me. Maybe it was all of the family fiasco or the failed relationships or the just trying to get by. Maybe I'm just jaded.
I may not have it all together, but I can tell you one thing...I am content. I am happy and I love these people and this life and these days...even the boring ones, and at this moment in time I wouldn't change a thing.
Quote of the Day: "After all, computers crash, people die, relationships fall apart. The best we can do is breathe and reboot."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment