Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Hello, me!



A year ago today, I left for New York City with nothing but a suitcase and a broken heart. I didn't know what I was going to do when I got there, or how long I was going to stay, I just knew I wanted to get as far away from Texas as I could! Who just picks up and moves across the country with no plan? Apparently I do, but I do not regret one moment of my decision. I might have delayed my career a little, but If I was given the chance today, I would do it all over again. I may not be quite where I want to be right now, but I'm closer than I was yesterday!


The Big Apple was the perfect place for me to do some serious soul searching. There's something about walking towards a group of thousands of people when you don't know one of them that makes you feel a little more real. There was also the fact that I had a lot of time to think after several instances of accidentally getting on the subway going the wrong direction...and making a 15 minute trip into an hour and a half! I got a great sense of satisfaction when I somehow found my way home...in one piece! I'd go tromping around the city by myself just exploring new places, or sit in Central Park with Larry and people watch. I sometimes didn't feel like I had a friend in the world, but I got to know myself...and I realized that I was going to be just fine just being me :)





Quote of the day: "The only journey is the journey within."

No comments:

Post a Comment