Saturday, February 20, 2010

Saturday Night In



It is Saturday night at approximately 11:00 pm and I am sitting on the couch watching this weeks DVR recordings of Oprah. Lame? Maybe, but for once, I am perfectly content to be alone on this quiet weekend evening.




I can't tell you the last Saturday night I spent at home. It was definitely before we moved to this silly apartment complex...which was this past June. It's just that there is ALWAYS something going on in my neck of the woods. I really do love it, it keeps my life exciting but sometimes, I feel like I just need a break!




I work more weekends than not, and there are many instances where I have to work late at night and then again early in the morning. Even though a normal person would usually just choose to go home and go to bed, every night before tonight I go home, change out of my work clothes, and go out with my friends (pretending I have a normal schedule and trying not to think about how early I have to get up!)




No surprise, but normally by Monday, I am exhausted! I guess maybe it's that I don't want to miss out, or maybe a little peer pressure but for the past 6 months, weekend after weekend, this is my routine.




After a couple of pleading phone calls and several "come on Nicole, you HAVE to come out" texts, I have successfully declined all invitations to go out on the town this evening. I am completely satisfied with my decision, it is actually a relief! I will go to bed before 2am, be able to wake up without feeling like I just went to sleep, and go to my long day of work tomorrow refueled and refreshed.




I just made a pot roast for tomorrow in the crock pot and spent some quality time with my roommate's dog. In about 30 minutes, I plan to be sound asleep in my warm cozy bed...that is until my friends come barreling in at the end of the night to wake me up!




Maybe I'll try this again next week...or in a couple of months!




Quote of the day: "If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten"-Anthony Robbins

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you succeeded in your goal of staying in for the evening. And with Oprah? Nothing is better!

    ReplyDelete