Sunday, February 14, 2010

L-O-V-E



Oh, that little four letter word...

On this Valentine's Day, I just got back from seeing the typical romantic comedy where there is way too much cheesiness and not enough reality. "Date?" you ask. No, but I did get to spend some quality time with some good friends.

Many people hate this day, and when I say hate, I mean despise. It has gotten the reputation for being a Hallmark holiday, one for marketing and getting people to spend money. I find that most of the bitterness towards this day comes from people like me...single people. But, for a holiday that every single girl loves to hate, I can honestly say that I like it.

Okay, so maybe it can be a little cheesy and over the top...I'll admit that I am WAY over the silly Kay and Jared Jewelry commercials. Maybe I have a little hopeless romantic in me, but I think it's great that there is a day out there dedicated to the celebration of love.

Yes, I'm "THAT" girl. I love sappy love stories. I think it's adorable when an elderly couple holds hands. I tear up at happy endings and I believe in a love that lasts forever. I guess I just love love.

So, even though I do not have an official "valentine" this year, I am grateful for the people in my life that I love and look forward to the possibilities that the future may hold.

Until then, I guess I'll just wait for my prince charming (he better hurry up...)

Happy day of love to you and yours!

Quote of the day: "I guess, if anything, it's about taking chances, even when you think you're all out of chances. It's about giving forgiveness and unconditional love, even when it seems like you should only do the opposite. It's about trusting that God puts people in your life at certain times so that you can capitalize on the opportunity. It's all about the possibility. It's all about what you do with those possibilities. Life is short, but it moves so fast. Hang on and enjoy the ride. And when someone comes along with whom you enjoy spending the ride with ... hold on tight."

2 comments:

  1. I got a hot pink vase with two hot pink roses and a plastic heart decorative stick...complete with baby's breath and some leafy greens. The filler is still alive and well but the roses have since withered away. Gristedes was having a Valentine's night sale, so for 8 bucks, he got all of this, plus a free box of Lindt chocolates. He thought it was funny....I did too, lucky for him:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and it was tied with a hot pink ribbon.
    I always wondered who bought these kinds of arrangements at the grocery store for V-Day. Now I know: husbands who forget about V-Day until they are on their way home at 11:30 pm.

    ReplyDelete