...but not really.
Today is my day off, which you know I deeply treasure. On this great Friday, I had grand plans of getting so much accomplished. My best friend/roommate's birthday is this weekend, and we have a lot of festivities going on. We are starting with a party at my apartment tonight, followed by a rockin' 80's extravaganza tomorrow. Needless to say I have a lot of things to do/prepare before all of this begins.
I decided to make Amanda some cake balls for her birthday. I thought they sounded cooler than just a regular old cake and it was more thoughtful than just going out and buying one. Easier said than done. The recipe seemed simple, and my boss had made them over the holidays for us. They were a delicious, cute, fun treat...perfect for a birthday party! Too bad I am "baking challenged".
I like to cook, I really do. I don't do it nearly as often as I used to because I don't really have anyone to cook for, but in a former stage of life, I was quite domesticated. I wouldn't say I was an amazing cook, but I think I'm good enough and have produced many tasty meals.
Baking is a whole other beast...I don't really enjoy it. You can't just throw stuff in and experiment because you might get a cake that turns out the consistency of a souffle instead of a fluffy sponge. My first sign of danger in my cake ball journey was that I burnt the top of the cake...and the bottom. I figured it would be okay if I just used the middle. It all went downhill from there.
I could write about this for days but as they say, a picture says a thousand words...
Quote of the Day: "If you obey all the rules, you’ll miss all the fun."
No comments:
Post a Comment