Monday, November 22, 2010

To Do

Alright, so obviously this 30 day challenge thing has been an epic fail for me, but I am determined to somehow finish it. The problem is that I over think and over analyze everything, so trying to decide on what to write about on each subject has taken me a looooong time. I got stuck on some of the days, so I decided I'm going to skip around. So I start back up on day 8...

day 8- short term goals for this month and why

It has been a good month, a really good month. I feel accomplished, productive, and all around upbeat about my current life. I couldn't have asked for a better start to my 25th year. It seems crazy that I've already been 25 for two whole months, but I am pleased with the progression of everything so far. There is always room for improvement though, right!?

So, these are my short term goals for the next month:

1. Find a hobby...a fun, active one.
I've been contemplating this for awhile now. I am not used to all of this free time or actually having a schedule where I can plan things. Now that I have a job that allows this, I find myself extremely bored a lot of the time. So bored in fact, that my weekday bedtime seems to average around 9PM these days. Sad, I know. My problem is that I have no idea where to begin to search for this new hobby and/or activity. I was a dancer for most of my life, and unless I want to take dance classes I find that to be a hard passion to keep up with. Unfortunately I am terrible with everything that has anything to do with a ball or I would join my roommate in something fun like her kickball league. I thought about bike riding because it would include some physical fitness but that would involve me having to buy a bike which is something I don't really want to do right now. Yoga? Cake decorating? Tennis? I have no idea...anyone have any suggestions?

2. Find somewhere to volunteer
This is another thing I want to do to fill up my time. I feel like I have picked a somewhat shallow career path, meaning I don't really do anything that is going to help the world or anyone in it. I suppose arguments could be made against my statement, but I mean I don't really do anything that truly makes a difference in any one's life. I really want to find a cause/organization that I really care about and invest some of my time and self in it. I am currently researching my options...I just want to find the PERFECT one!

3. Find a church home...and go regularly
I grew up going to church, I went with my mom almost every Sunday. I went to college and went to church with my roommates to various locations but never really attended the same ones. Since I've graduated, I've been to several different locations with different people but again have not settled with just one. I found a young adult service that I use to go to every Tuesday with some friends, but things have come up and they can no longer go...so I don't go either. It's ironic I guess that I'm pretty comfortable doing a lot of things by myself, but I can't seem to make myself go to church alone. I don't know what it is, but I suppose I need to get over it. This is definitely something that I need to do soon.

So that's really it for now...my short term goals. Wish me luck!

Quote of the Day: "Forgiveness is giving up the hope that the past could have been any different."

No comments:

Post a Comment