Monday, February 14, 2011

Be My Valentine

You know, a lot of people put a lot of thought into this day. There is tons of pressure, anxiety, and unnessessary disgruntlement invloving a holiday that is suppose to celebrate love. Out of all 25 years of my life, I think I have only had a real "valentine" in the true definition of the word twice. I have to tell you that I can't even remember much about either of those occasions on either of those years.

Those who are bitter that they do not have a significant other often celebrate "single's awareness" in an attempt to reverse the mushyness and maybe revolt against the whole commercialness of the holiday. I can see thier point maybe. After all when you are single, too much of love displayed in the air can make you a little nauseaus.

But, for me...I feel like if you sit back and appreciate just the significance of the people in your life, you might just gain a better appreciation for why they are there in the first place. I believe that each person that comes and goes out of your life came and left for a reason. The ones that left may have just as much significance as the ones that are still there. Maybe I'm a little too sentimental, I don't know...but I would like to think that every significant contact you make you either gain something from, or they gain something from you. What more can you ask for? You live and you learn, and you move on. Thank God for those lessons. Thank God for perspective.

May all your days be filled with love and life.

Quote of the Day: "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13

No comments:

Post a Comment