I woke up today feeling kind of blah. We all have those moments where we are just in a "funk" and things just don't really seem all that bright. After moping around for a bit, I decided I just needed to get up and do something. So, I went to the gym for the first time this year, had a good conversation with someone I hadn't seen in awhile, and even drove out to the suburbs to meet up with some old friends for lunch. It was a much needed day of reflection and relaxation and I now feel ready to take on the week!
Sometimes, like everyone I think, I get caught up in myself and what I believe is the next step and how I'm going to get there.I often forget the things and people in my life that I am blessed with so I like to sit back and take note of what I am truly thankful for.
On this day, I am thankful for:
*My wonderful loving and supportive family that takes care of me in every way
*Awesome friends who are always there to listen, even if we haven't seen eachother in awhile
*Beautiful 70 degree weather
*Reality checks
*Decisiveness
*Good food
Quote of the Day "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phil 4: 6-7
No comments:
Post a Comment