As a "blogger" (if you can call it that) there are a few people/blogs out there that I occasionally follow and read. I came across one of my friend's posts yesterday and it was amazing! She shared a video (which I have shared with you below) about the art of being alone.
I know I have kind of written about this subject before, but it truly a quality that I believe is important. A lot of people think about being alone as depressing. There are people who jump from relationship to relationship, never stopping to just take a breather and reflect on why maybe none of them have worked. Others stay in situations that they know are wrong, but would rather weather through them than risk the possibility of being lonely.
I might sound a little jaded or cynical about relationships, but that is actually the opposite of what I think of them. I may be the most hopeful hopeless romantic out there! Although my success in this area has obviously been non-existent, I totally believe in soul mates, true love, and happily ever after. I also believe that unless you are complete and happy with yourself, a relationship will not work because you cannot look to any other person to fulfill you.
Anyhow, back to the video...
Although I eat by myself daily, I have only actually taken myself out to eat once. It was a little odd, but refreshing. At first I worried about what others would think. Were they wondering why I was at a restaurant by myself? Would they think I didn't have any friends? After getting past the initial feeling of being a little uncomfortable, I actually enjoyed myself! I also like to go to the movie theater alone sometimes, which I have done a lot more often!
I would love to take a vacation by myself some day. I've talked to a couple of people who have done it, and they have all had great experiences. There is something kind of cool about going to a place by yourself where you don't know anything or anyone. It's on my bucket list!
Quote of the Day: "Sometimes, she thought, courage was simply a matter of putting one foot in front of another and not stopping."
So anyways, thanks Duoly Noted for sharing this video:
Yes! Love this video! Enjoy your vacation.
ReplyDelete