Friday, October 9, 2009

The Art of Dating

I was listening to a morning show on my way to work today and they were talking about dating. They were discussing how no one ever really "dates" anymore. You know, like REALLY dates. I mean the kind of dating where a guy calls the girl, sets up an outing, picks them up, goes somewhere, and takes them home at the end of the night...preferably right to the front door.




I am kind of awkward when it comes to dating. The whole making small talk with a complete stranger while trying to make sure food doesn't come out of your mouth is not my idea of fun. Despite all that, I must say, I do enjoy a traditional date. If you can get past the first few bouts of uncomfortable silences and feeling like you have to make a good impression, date nights can be a lot of fun.




You see, I have dated more than one person in my life, but not truly in the definition of the word. I "dated" someone for almost two years and can't even think of many actual "dates" we went on. In fact, the only one I can think of I planned, paid for, and picked the guy up!



I got to experience this "art form" for the first time this summer. Although the guy didn't turn out to be my one and only or prince charming, I did have a lot of fun with him. Being "wined and dined" can definitely give a man a few brownie points...especially if your date loves food as much as I do!



I'm not high maintenance or anything, I'm just saying that an occasional surprise outing, nice dinner, or bouquet of flowers might be a good way to keep a relationship interesting.



Quote of the day: “But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous.”- Sex and the City

No comments:

Post a Comment