Wednesday, October 14, 2009

(Not so) Neat Freak



Like I've mentioned before, one of the things I absolutely hate about working in the retail world is having to work while everyone else gets to play on the weekends. I mean come on, it most definitely interferes with my social life ;)
Instead, I usually get some combination of random days off during the week. For instance this week, I got Tuesday and Wednesday off. Now I will admit, weekdays are good for times when you need to go to the grocery store, the post office, or DMV...but I would trade in those conveniences in a second if I could swap them out for Saturdays and Sundays off. I will tell you one thing. I get so bored and usually finish all the things I need to do so on the last day, I usually clean.
I've never had a reputation for being a neat freak. In fact in my younger years, I was renamed "messy bessy" by my mother. It's not that I don't like to be clean or organized, it's just that usually other more important things come up so my cleanliness/clothes get thrown to the wayside.
The good thing is that for most of my life, I have lived with some very clean people. Of course I always had my mom yelling at me to pick up my Barbies when I was little, but hey...I couldn't pick them up...my sister and I were usually in the middle of a three day long drama between Ken and the evil Skipper.
I'm not really talking about that though. We all get told by our parents to pick up our rooms or do our chores. I'm talking about roommates. My roommate freshman year of college was one of those super organized kinds. Everything had a place and she ALWAYS made her bed. I was mesmerized. Her cleanliness and my awareness of it made me want to keep my space neater, so with a little self control I managed to keep her happy and my clothes off the floor. This helped later down the road with my other roommates, some of which were the same "type".
So today, as I usually do once a week on my random day off, I did a "deep clean" on the apartment. I vacuumed, dusted, swept and mopped the floors, and EVEN wiped down the doors...mom would be so proud!
Doesn't it look pretty!?
Quote of the day: "Better keep yourself clean and bright. You are the window through which you must see the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment