Today, my dear roommate came home sick from school. She started feeling nauseous while she was teaching, and was having dizzy spells. I happened to have the day off, and when she arrived back at the apartment, she didn't look too hot.
We initially both thought the same thing...the much talked about, much contagious and much over-analyzed and dreaded SWINE FLU! After all, she does deal with 22 6-year-olds all day (who aren't exactly the most germ-friendly characters).
Then, we got to thinking. She didn't have the fever/chills/achiness that typically goes on with the flu. She took a nap and felt significantly better...and even had an appetite. What she did have was a HUGE headache...but only on one side of her head. Then, we remembered what happened on Saturday night!
You see, I am naturally a pretty animated person. I get excited easily, and let's just say it comes out when I talk! People wonder why I always seem happy, but I just see it as having a little zest! Apparently I was a little too enthusiastic and just HAD to tell something to Amanda so I rushed over to her. I guess I tripped or slipped or something but ended up falling into her which caused her to tumble into the refrigerator...head first. We didn't think much of it at the time, but she did have a lump the size of a golf ball on her noggin!
After some Google research by yours truly and some basic symptom checking, we came to a conclusion: mild concussion (courtesy of Nicole).
Quote of the day: "A good friend knows all your best stories, a best friend has lived them with you."
No comments:
Post a Comment